Individual acting and audition coaching with Karen Hebden
“Acting is risk taking”
I have spent most of my life in the theatre and know that the learning process is never over. The possibilities of growth are limitless.
My former pupils have auditioned successfully for RADA, Central, Bristol Old Vic, LIPA and other accredited courses. Several are now working successfully in theatre and television.
Every year I audition hundreds of actors and actresses for productions, so I can pass onto my students how to be a successful auditionee both for drama school, and for professional auditions.
You will have the talent and determination to succeed and be prepared for hard work.
We will work together to discover
- How to judge a role and approach a part
- How to work with the playwright and the director
- How to think about the scene
“Acting is above all about being truthful and brave”
We will also work on the right way to undertake auditions and rehearsals.
I have an extensive library of scripts and can help with:
Choosing the right speeches and songs for drama school auditions
- Updating your audition repertoire
- Audition and rehearsal technique
- Coping with cold readings
Having chosen a play and a text we will:
- Explore the text to discover its meaning
- Engage with the character, understanding their objectives
- Discover how to express both of the above to entertain an audience
Location & Cost
I am based in Strood, Kent and usually will see students there.
An individual tutorial in Strood, tailor-made to suit the needs and targets of each individual costs £30 per hour.
Central London teaching available at £50 per hour.
Contact us now for futher details
Call or use the General Enquiry & Booking Form Request to receive your information sheet